Life after covid

Ehri

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope things can go back to normal once everyone is vaccinated. There will probably still be people who get sick but it won't be such a big problem if hospitals aren't getting flooded

Rocketman

Yes, getting everyone vaccinated is the key, the new variants are potentially deadly for anyone not vaccinated.

Ehri

They're also potentially deadly when you are vaccinated, they're just less likely to kill you.

hemihead

I am not gotten the Jab and will never . I will not put that poison into my body . They can jab my dead body . All of this fear and panic for something with a 99.7 % survival rate . You are being played . Your chances of dying from the flu are greater . Funny how the Flu has now vanished .

Busty_Nerd

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope things can go back to normal once everyone is vaccinated. There will probably still be people who get sick but it won't be such a big problem if hospitals aren't getting flooded

I do not think things will be back to normal even when we have a safer vaccine and things are safer. I think we'll always have this experience that things can't go back to the way they used to be. We'll still have people who won't attend large gatherings, people who will be masking for the foreseeable future. And we'll always have disabled people and immunocompromised people (like myself) will always remember people who selfishly were okay with us dying if it meant they could go to bars and concerts and stuff while we had to put our lives on hold because it wasn't safe for us to be out. Hopefully it will encourage people to continue masking when you're sick and keeping up the health regiment, or staying in when you're sick and washing your hands a lot. But I do not think things will ever go back to the way things were. Not since we've had so many deaths and careless assholes who clearly only care about themselves and not anyone else.

hemihead

Sterilization wouldn't be such a bad thing for you though. Think of the children. Are you sure you don't want to get vaccinated?
Much better if the Liberal communists get sterilized though . But govt. wouldn't know what to do without sheep to follow them blindly .

hemihead

The science is blind to politics. COVID deniers are the ones dying and infecting others.
Wrong again . Data shows the majority of those now with Covid are the ones double jabbed . Almost like they are made to be Super Spreaders hmmm .

FireflyEyes

The ZOE COVID study is a great source of information and huge pool of statistics and analysis that is presented in a clear, easy to understand, and honest fashion. They point out weaknesses in government policy (and have often helped the UK government reshape its policies) they also help readers understand where data might be misinterpreted or misunderstood. How raw numbers need to be contextualized, and the different contextual factors that one needs to understand. And the writing is never heavy handed or manipulative.

While the situation in each country is unique, looking at one's own country through the lens of what the UK got right or wrong in the short term might help anyone come to terms with what the next 5-10 years will look like.

There is no life after covid. There is only this peri-covid reality. And perhaps a generation down the road...The next iteration. Let's make the best of it.

Rocketman

We live in a duel universe today. In one universe rational actions are based on objective evidence. In the other. All decisions are based on personality cults and conspiracy theories. The clash results in danger and misery for everyone.